Time Keeps On Slipping

Exploring this venue as a project for establishing an employee blogging capability in our office WAN... Inspiration has come from my daughter's site. It opened my eyes to the communication possibilities in what I once thought was a passing fad.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Westbrook, Maine, United States

Always Curious

Monday, January 23, 2006

Time Keeps On Slipping

Time Keeps On Slipping

West Wing is shutting down. Bumped to Sunday nights at eight, it was doomed to fail in drawing more than it's loyal political junky fans. I am one!
Being a fierce Independent who has participated in both the major parties over the years, I have found this program quite interesting in how the writers have worked their propaganda in and out of imagined world issues and from time to time, bumped into reality.
Well, it appears now, the reality of network execs whose positions and livleyhoods are the drivers behind ushering this provocative show off the air.
Pardon my age, I raise a glass and toast "Here's to the Smothers Brothers". In my mind, the leaders in provocative TV to be booted due to political content of their now infamous comedy show. A close second chug to Laugh-In.
What ever happened to live and learn?
Are we destined forever to T&A shows like LasVegas?
How about reality drivel shows?
Howard going to the Satelite was good or bad?
Are these choices we no longer have?
Where are the protesters?
Time keeps on slippin....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home